Tuesday, August 23, 2011

IT TAKES ALL KINDS TO MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!!!

As I was driving to work this morning, down the highways of  bended fenders and broken tail lights, changing lanes; I started to wonder what others in their cars  around me are thinking.  Were they just spaced out as I was just trying to get to work on time and safely or were they chatting on their cell phones?   As I was driving and observing my surroundings,   I realized my exit is almost upon me.  I start to change lanes and the car  behind  me speeds up.  Once I get in front of  him, I still need to go over one more lane, he pull right out and cuts me off , so I can’t get in the lane I need to get to the off ramp.   So I decided to give  him the middle finger salute and then I stopped myself,  Thinking why not just let it go and not start my day off  aggravated  and upset.  I think if more of us would stop and say to ourselves how important will this be a year from now.  We might let the little things in life go.   I am sure on August 23, 2012, I will not remember that man in the white car.    
So I think my affirmation will be live and let live and be kind to others.  Although, sometimes, that can be hard to do, as I work in the complaint department at a very large timeshare company.  We get all the complaints, that go to our upper management some that are really legitimate and others not so much, like the time we got a letter stating he was upset that there was not enough chocolate icing on his éclair. 
All I can say is that each and every one of us is unique in our own way and that’s okay. 

2 comments:

dellerd said...

Isn't that the truth Marlene.....it does take all kinds. I worked with the public most all my life and you really see it all there. But you reap the rewards when someone enters your life and touches it. It takes a speacial soul to work with the public.

Stephanie said...

I want more chocolate on my eclair as well, I mean don't we all :)

love ya
Steph