Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I can’t concentrate on anything I think I am going insane.

It has been one of those week were I have tried to look at others for my own happiness.  I have to stop and remember that I can only make me happy.  Once I am happy I can enjoy the happiness of others.  This menopause sucks.  It has my heart, my head and my body standing on edge.   Most of the time I feel like I’ve got a lighted match under my skin.    I cry at the drop of a hat and my head is somewhere other than on my shoulders, I am afraid to bend over to see if that’s where is gone.  It is driving me crazy, put the covers on, kick the cover off, turn on the ceiling fan, turn off the ceiling fan.   Wake up in the night ringing wet, get up and change clothes. Good thinks I have lots of jammies.    Look at babies  and start to cry cause  my babies aren’t babies anymore. My head is everywhere except where it should be. I love to do art but can’t see to focus.   Can’t sit still, hard to concentrate at work , hard to sit still but don’t have the energy to do anything  other than just sit around.  Sometimes I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin.  Now that I have put this on paper I am thinking maybe I need to go see a professional.  Oh yeah I did and what did she say you are in MENOPAUSE… IT WILL PASS… I want to know when because I’ve forgotten how to laugh at myself.    And laughter is the best medicine and of course an apple a day.   

5 comments:

AllThingsSonya said...

Hang in there, you aren't alone, you aren't going crazy. The whole planet, heck the whole solar system is going through a lot right now; people are having trouble sleeping, sleeping but still tired, having body aches and feeling like they have the flu but not having the flu, sore throats, can't seem to focus on anything, etc.. There is just a lot going on right now. All things in our lives that doesn't serve us are being broken down, crumbling and being moved out. It's going to be okay, hang in there. Other than that try drinking a glass of organic soy milk before bedtime; it should help.

Carol Hawthorne said...

Does it help to let you know that I'm going through the same ordeal, as like many others.Weird things happen to your body and yes there are times where you loose your mind.
Have you thought about seeing a naturepath? Hang in there!

Pam said...

You're not alone...sometimes life does get overwhelming...when I feel I'm losing it I try to focus on a really cool, fun vacation I took and that helps put things more in perspective...
(PamV from Swap-bot/blog swap #2)

paige said...

You are in good company! I had to LOL at some of your comments - sorry - but you do have a fun way with words! Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments!

It will get better - we have to believe that you know!

Lucine said...

It is a certain period in life. You are a strong lady to recognize by yourself that you react in a certain way. Embrace the fact that you know yourself that well. Yes, hang in there. It will past. If you stay conscious and keep on thinking positive you'll get to where you'll feel wonderful again:-) Wishing you strength and wisdom,
Lucine from swap-bot for the Check out my blog #2 swap.